- Kind, generous, and caring people donate money and food items to Agape Meals for Kids
- Our volunteers head out every week to buy the items we need to fill backpacks
- We pack backpacks with 7 easy to make meals, snacks, milk, and juice
- Volunteers deliver the backpacks to schools with children identified as at risk for food insecurity
- After school is dismissed on Friday, these children are each given a backpack with meals that they take home with them
- We do everything again the following week
Whenever there is a long weekend or a school holiday we send enough food with each child so they can have regular meals until they’re back at school.
For holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, and Christmas, we run campaigns to collect treats and handwritten cards to send home with each child in addition to their weekly food backpack.
This isn’t just about meals, it’s about sincerely caring for every child and showing kindness, empathy, compassion, and Agape in every bag we pack.